last updated 07/03/2023
+33 (0)1 69 15 68 05
Biology and Adaptation, Systems in Evolution
Atelier Cartographie, Expression et Polymorphisme
publications - orcid
Education and Positions
- Laboratory technician, GQE-Le Moulon (50% ACEP, 50% RAMDAM)
- PhD student GQE-Le Moulon (Gif-sur-Yvette, France), 2013-2018
- Master degree in Genetic « Génomes, Cellules, Développement, Evolution», Université Paris-Sud (Orsay, France), 2013
- Laboratory technician, GQE-Le Moulon (Gif-sur-Yvette, France), 2003-present
- Laboratory technician, LBMC Cellular and Molecular Biology laboratory, (Lyon, France), 2002-2003
- Bachelor degree in biology at Université Paris VI (today UPMC), (Paris, France), 1999-2000
Meiotic recombination is a major driver of genome dynamics and thus evolution in sexually reproducing organisms. The numbers of crossing-over events and their positions along the chromosomes are tightly regulated, but the mechanisms involved are still not well understood. Getting more insights into the regulation of recombination rate and crossover distribution would be beneficial for many fields of fundamental and applied genetics, in particular to improve the efficiency of plant breeding.
To study the natural genetic diversity of recombination rate, we have set up a high throughput method to measure crossover rates in S. cerevisiae. We constructed 8 tester strains carrying three different fluorescent markers at chosen loci, and we used flow cytometry to measure the segregation of the three markers in the meiospores of hybrids between the testers and yeast strains to phenotype for recombination. Using this method, we extracted the recombination rates and the strengths of crossover interference for a collection of yeast strains representing a large part of the diversity of the species. We also investigated the correlation between recombination rate and sequence similarity between homologs among hybrids.
The genetic determinism of recombination rate will be studied setting up a recurrent selection experiment using high, low or neutral selection pressure on recombination rate. Response to selection will be analyzed and QTL responsible for recombination rate variation detected.
- Olvera-Vazquez SG., Alhmedi A., Miñarro M., Shykoff JA., Marchadier E., Rousselet A., Remoué C., Gardet R., Degrave A., Robert P., Chen X., Porchier J., Giraud T., Vander-Mijnsbrugee K., Raffoux X. , Falque M., Alins G., Didelot F., Beliën T., Dapena E., Lemarquand A., Cornille A.. (2021) Experimental test for local adaptation of the rosy apple aphid (Dysaphis plantaginea) to its host (Malus domestica) and to its climate in Europe. PCI Ecology, (Pre-registration version)
- Raffoux X. , 2018-06-11 06/11/18, Diversité et déterminisme génétique de la recombinaison méiotique chez Saccharomyces cerevisiae, PhD thesis, Université Paris-Saclay
- Raffoux X. , Bourge M., Dumas F., Martin OC., Falque M.. (2018) High-throughput measurement of recombination rates and genetic interference in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast, 6 (35) 431-442
- Raffoux X. , Bourge M., Dumas F., Martin OC., Falque M.. (2018) Role of Cis, Trans, and Inbreeding Effects on Meiotic Recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics, 4 (210) 1213-1226