Projets communs de cartographie et de biologie moléculaire. Veille technologique et développements méthodologiques pour des projets spécifiques.
The ACEP team (Mapping, Gene expression and Polymorphism) is a transverse group which provides support to the other UMR teams for topics related to molecular biology and genetic linkage mapping. It performs analyses of DNA sequence polymorphisms using various approaches of molecular markers or sequencing, as well as gene expression studies by real-time quantitative RT-PCR analysis. The team also produces linkage maps from segregating populations, and develops data analysis tools for building and analyzing genetic maps. Beyond map construction, the ACEP group carries out a research project in collaboration with the BASE team, on the analysis of the numer and the distribution of meiotic crossovers.
The ACEP team also keeps a technological watch on the topics related to the needs of the UMR in molecular biology and genetic mapping. It takes care of chosing new laboratory equipments and setting up protocols, and coordinates the use of the common molecular biology facility where people from different teams are working. We frequently welcome students from L3 to M2 level and provide a practical training in molecular biology for the colleagues of other teams who need it.
ACEP research topics
- Genotyping and DNA sequence analysis
- Microsatellite (SSR) markers on high-resolution agarose gels or polyacrylamide gels (LiCor sequencers).
- SNP (single-nucleotide polymorphism) markers by CAS-PCR (Competitive Allele-Specific PCR) or sub-contracted (KASPar method, Illumina Infinium, Affymetrix, or GBS (Genotyping by sequencing)).
- Other types of markers : CAPS (Cleaved Amplified Polymorphic Sequences) or IDP (Insertion-Deletion Polymorphism) visualized on sequencers, AFLP (Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism), SSAP (Sequence-Specific Amplified Polymorphsim).
- Analysis of gene expression levels by quantitative real-time RT-PCR or RNA-seq
- Genetic mapping
- The ACEP team provides a service of linkage map construction from genotyping data of mapping populations, and develops molecular and software tools for the production of genetic linkage maps.